December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of All Things Whovian on your social bookmarking website

Pick of the day

Quote of the day
"Did you wish really hard?"
Amy Pond-The Doctors Wife.

River and guns.

Go down

River and guns.

Post by Rostaria on 2011-07-02, 06:21

So was having a chat with my landlord yesterday about River and her gun use.
And my landlord seems to think that River was enjoying killing all the silents a bit too much.
I disagree she was protecting the people that she loved and when the gun powered down she looked kind of relieved.
Then he said he found the bit at then end when the silent came up behind her and she shot him a bit too much and said she was showing off and a kind of agree a little bit. tbh I found it awesome.

There has been some accusation that the Doctor seemed to get off on it due to the flirting before hand but he didnt see her kill all the silents-he was in the TARDIS.

Thing is I wonder if it had been Canton who did the whole shooting scene would there have been so many complaints?

Now the only time I have ever been scared of River is when she made the Dalek beg for mercy. (any excuse to bring up that quote.)

Dalek: You will be exterminated!
River: Not yet. Your systems are still restoring which means your shield density is compromised. One alpha meson burst through your eyestalk would kill you stone dead.
Dalek: Records indicate you will show mercy. You are an associate of the Doctor's.
River: I'm River Song. Check your records again.
Dalek: Mercy.
River: Say it again.
Dalek: Mercy!
River: One more time.
Dalek: Mercy!!!
This is the time I realised that she could be dangerous but I can see that she just saw in her mind the man she loves being killed.
So what are your thoughts on River's gun use. Do you think the Silent shooting scene was too much?

Owner

Dragon

http://www.allthingswhovian.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Re: River and guns.

Post by timeinnerchild on 2011-07-02, 21:28

Rostaria wrote:So was having a chat with my landlord yesterday about River and her gun use.
And my landlord seems to think that River was enjoying killing all the silents a bit too much.
I disagree she was protecting the people that she loved and when the gun powered down she looked kind of relieved.
Then he said he found the bit at then end when the silent came up behind her and she shot him a bit too much and said she was showing off and a kind of agree a little bit. tbh I found it awesome.

There has been some accusation that the Doctor seemed to get off on it due to the flirting before hand but he didnt see her kill all the silents-he was in the TARDIS.

Thing is I wonder if it had been Canton who did the whole shooting scene would there have been so many complaints?

Now the only time I have ever been scared of River is when she made the Dalek beg for mercy. (any excuse to bring up that quote.)

Dalek: You will be exterminated!
River: Not yet. Your systems are still restoring which means your shield density is compromised. One alpha meson burst through your eyestalk would kill you stone dead.
Dalek: Records indicate you will show mercy. You are an associate of the Doctor's.
River: I'm River Song. Check your records again.
Dalek: Mercy.
River: Say it again.
Dalek: Mercy!
River: One more time.
Dalek: Mercy!!!
This is the time I realised that she could be dangerous but I can see that she just saw in her mind the man she loves being killed.
So what are your thoughts on River's gun use. Do you think the Silent shooting scene was too much?

I do kind of agree with your landlord in one way. She did seem to gain some satisfaction but her gun use is nothing. She has never actually killed an innocent being- Apart from the man she killed but we dont know how innocent this person is. Besides her gun usage is nothing compared to Captain's Jacks.

timeinnerchild

Cat

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum