October 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of All Things Whovian on your social bookmarking website

Pick of the day

Quote of the day
"Did you wish really hard?"
Amy Pond-The Doctors Wife.

Has Steven Moffat lost his touch?

Go down

Has Steven Moffat lost his touch?

Post by StoneAngel on 2011-06-27, 20:38

Personally I believe he was better as a writer on his own then a showrunner. Yes he has made some good choices i.e Niel Gaiman but I dont feel he is the good writer he used to be.

Mind you saying that he has written some amazing scenes. in series 5 and 6. However, I just feel he doesnt gel with me if that makes any sense?
StoneAngel
Timelord
Timelord

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Steven Moffat lost his touch?

Post by Rostaria on 2011-06-27, 21:35

StoneAngel wrote:Personally I believe he was better as a writer on his own then a showrunner. Yes he has made some good choices i.e Niel Gaiman but I dont feel he is the good writer he used to be.

Mind you saying that he has written some amazing scenes. in series 5 and 6. However, I just feel he doesnt gel with me if that makes any sense?
I strongly disagree. No showrunner is ever going to match to the high expectations of fans. He has produced an amazing series and has actually made me really, really care for Doctor Who. When it was under RTD I really didnt care. Now I do. Dont get me wrong I enjoyed RTD's work but I didnt make sure that I watched it live.

Far as I am concerned Steven Moffat can stick around as long as he wants.

Owner

Dragon

http://www.allthingswhovian.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by timechild on 2011-06-29, 16:28

StoneAngel wrote:Personally I believe he was better as a writer on his own then a showrunner. Yes he has made some good choices i.e Niel Gaiman but I dont feel he is the good writer he used to be.

Yes.
He is a good writer I will give you that but he isnt good at anything else. He has made some poor choices. i.e bring back Matthew Graham, after the diabolical fear her he should never have written a Doctor Who episode again. His Flesh two parter was terrible. The only thing that stopped me from giving the two parter a 0 was the cliffhanger at the end of Almost People.

Its funny though I say this but my favorite episodes from each of NewWho is mainly of Steven Moffat.
timechild
Timelord
Timelord

Back to top Go down

Post by timeinnerchild on 2011-06-29, 16:45

timechild wrote:Yes.
He is a good writer I will give you that but he isnt good at anything else. He has made some poor choices. i.e bring back Matthew Graham, after the diabolical fear her he should never have written a Doctor Who episode again. His Flesh two parter was terrible. The only thing that stopped me from giving the two parter a 0 was the cliffhanger at the end of Almost People.

Its funny though I say this but my favorite episodes from each of NewWho is mainly of Steven Moffat.
Sigh some people are never happy. Moffat has written some amazing episodes which are on the top of my NewWho favorites and he had made some amazing decisions. I.e Matt Smith, Alex Kingston.
Being showrunner just doesnt depend on the episodes written it also depends on the choices he has made for the show over all. Moffat has a very hard job. He writes 5/6 of the episodes in the year, he then has to revise the scripts of "guest" writers adding in stuff that refers to the general story arc of the year. He has to help balance the budget. Maybe people need to remember this before they critise Moffat.

timeinnerchild

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by timechild on 2011-06-29, 16:49

timeinnerchild wrote:
Sigh some people are never happy. Moffat has written some amazing episodes which are on the top of my NewWho favorites and he had made some amazing decisions. I.e Matt Smith, Alex Kingston.
Being showrunner just doesnt depend on the episodes written it also depends on the choices he has made for the show over all. Moffat has a very hard job. He writes 5/6 of the episodes in the year, he then has to revise the scripts of "guest" writers adding in stuff that refers to the general story arc of the year. He has to help balance the budget. Maybe people need to remember this before they critise Moffat.

I said that he has written some good episodes I just dont agree with his decisions.
timechild
Timelord
Timelord

Back to top Go down

Post by timeinnerchild on 2011-06-29, 17:02

timechild wrote:
I said that he has written some good episodes I just dont agree with his decisions.
Apart from him appointing Matthew Graham (who in my eyes redeemed himself with The Flesh two parter) what dont you agree with?
timeinnerchild

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by timechild on 2011-06-29, 17:24

He seems to have an excessive obsession with River Song. I dont mind her but I hate overexposure of characters.
Thats one of the reasons I dont like him.
timechild
Timelord
Timelord

Back to top Go down

Post by timeinnerchild on 2011-06-29, 19:37

timechild wrote:He seems to have an excessive obsession with River Song. I dont mind her but I hate overexposure of characters.
He doesnt have an excessive obsession with River Song. She has featured in 7 episodes out of 21 episodes since he took over as showrunner. That is third of all episodes. I would understand if she featured in every episode but she doesnt.
timeinnerchild

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rostaria on 2011-06-29, 19:49

timeinnerchild wrote:
timechild wrote:He seems to have an excessive obsession with River Song. I dont mind her but I hate overexposure of characters.
He doesnt have an excessive obsession with River Song. She has featured in 7 episodes out of 21 episodes since he took over as showrunner. That is third of all episodes. I would understand if she featured in every episode but she doesnt.
I agree Smile.
I wonder how many would stop watching if Moffat decided to introduce her as a full time companion.

Owner

Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by timeinnerchild on 2011-06-29, 20:02

Rostaria wrote:
timeinnerchild wrote:
I agree Smile.
I wonder how many would stop watching if Moffat decided to introduce her as a full time companion.
I dont think its likely to happen due to her commitments with her daughter but I think it would be awesome.
timeinnerchild

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasjson on 2011-06-29, 20:04

timeinnerchild wrote:
Rostaria wrote:
timeinnerchild wrote:
I agree Smile.
I dont think its likely to happen due to her commitments with her daughter but I think it would be awesome.
He could introduce a younger River.
thomasjson
Timelord
Timelord

Back to top Go down

Post by Rostaria on 2011-06-29, 20:29

thomasjson wrote:
timeinnerchild wrote:
Rostaria wrote:
timeinnerchild wrote:
I agree Smile.
He could introduce a younger River.
Am not very keen on that idea tbh.
I dont know I just dont like the sound of a younger River. No one can fill Alex Kingstons shoes.

Also back on topic I think some people are being very unfair towards Moffat. He works incredibly hard 24/7.

Owner

Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by timechild on 2011-06-29, 20:33

Rostaria wrote:
I agree Smile.
I wouldnt stop watching but I certainly wouldnt be happy about it.

Also I am not denying Moffat works hard but he does seem to be lacking something in the Showrunner department.
timechild
Timelord
Timelord

Back to top Go down

Post by timeinnerchild on 2011-06-29, 20:37

timechild wrote:
Rostaria wrote:
I agree Smile.

Also I am not denying Moffat works hard but he does seem to be lacking something in the Showrunner department.
Glad to know you wouldnt stop watching. I think its silly and counterproductive that some "fans" decided to stop watching.
Yes I put fans in brackets because I dont think you are a fan if you stop watching because one minor thing. You seem to be a good fan. Sticking through the show even if you dont agree with Steven Moffat.
I just think people need to be more optimistic when it comes to TV and also realise its just a TV show and its not real.
timeinnerchild

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by timechild on 2011-06-29, 20:39

timeinnerchild wrote:
timechild wrote:
Rostaria wrote:
I agree Smile.

Glad to know you wouldnt stop watching. I think its silly and counterproductive that some "fans" decided to stop watching.
Yes I put fans in brackets because I dont think you are a fan if you stop watching because one minor thing. You seem to be a good fan. Sticking through the show even if you dont agree with Steven Moffat.
I just think people need to be more optimistic when it comes to TV and also realise its just a TV show and its not real.

I think the only reason I would completely stop watching the show if Moffat took it in a direction I dont agree with. Luckily he doesnt seem to be doing that.
timechild
Timelord
Timelord

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasjson on 2011-06-29, 20:42

I am kind of the mind that Moffat has had this planned for 15 years. Everything he is writing he discussed on another forum way back when. This shows that he has truly thought his idea's through. He works very hard and is very committed. However, I find the arcs sometimes very annoying.
thomasjson
Timelord
Timelord

Back to top Go down

Post by cocacolafanatic on 2011-06-29, 20:49

Lost his touch? When did he have a touch Smile
cocacolafanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneAngel on 2011-06-29, 20:54

cocacolafanatic wrote:Lost his touch? When did he have a touch Smile
wow lots of replies Smile
He has a touch but, its not a showrunners touch.
StoneAngel
Timelord
Timelord

Back to top Go down

Post by cocacolafanatic on 2011-06-29, 20:58

StoneAngel wrote:
wow lots of replies Smile
He has a touch but, its not a showrunners touch.
I was joking hence the smily face.
Nah I think hes good.
cocacolafanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by SonicScrewdriver on 2011-06-30, 04:49

Look he is an awesome writer regardless off status or rank these are just silly tags or title's what matters is his effort, time and the up most quality he puts into his work and you should all be grateful you have such an awesome show to watch.

SonicScrewdriver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rostaria on 2011-06-30, 04:58

SonicScrewdriver wrote:Look he is an awesome writer regardless off status or rank these are just silly tags or title's what matters is his effort, time and the up most quality he puts into his work and you should all be grateful you have such an awesome show to watch.
Wow touche Smile
Everyone has a right to an opinion.

Owner

Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by SonicScrewdriver on 2011-06-30, 05:00

Everyone can have an opinion that's fine this is just mine.Smile

SonicScrewdriver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rostaria on 2011-06-30, 05:07

SonicScrewdriver wrote:Everyone can have an opinion that's fine this is just mine.Smile
True, True.

Owner

Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by timewarrior on 2011-06-30, 11:26

No.
Simple as really.
timewarrior
Gallifreyan
Gallifreyan

Back to top Go down

Post by SonicScrewdriver on 2011-06-30, 11:40

I agree 100%.Wink

SonicScrewdriver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by indigofire on 2011-07-01, 01:12

Yes I agree. He is an amazing writer and really he should stick to just writing.

Rostaria wrote:

I strongly disagree. No showrunner is ever going to match to the high expectations of fans. He has produced an amazing series and has actually made me really, really care for Doctor Who. When it was under RTD I really didnt care. Now I do. Dont get me wrong I enjoyed RTD's work but I didnt make sure that I watched it live.

Far as I am concerned Steven Moffat can stick around as long as he wants.
He can work harder though.

timechild wrote:

Yes.

Actually I believe that M.G redeemed himself here.
thomasjson wrote:I am kind of the mind that Moffat has had this planned for 15 years. Everything he is writing he discussed on another forum way back when. This shows that he has truly thought his idea's through. He works very hard and is very committed. However, I find the arcs sometimes very annoying.
I also agree the arcs are long and tedious.

This made me laugh.
indigofire
Gallifreyan
Gallifreyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum